Our Visions and Values
We are committed to making the child the centre of our work at Cleddens, where children have the right to a safe, happy and healthy environment.
We will foster good relationships with parents and carers, recognising the importance of strong partnerships between home and nursery. We aim to provide opportunities to improve outcomes for all children through providing appropriate support and a consistent approach to learning, ensuring children reach their full potential as Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors and Responsible Citizens.
- Provide a safe, happy care and learning environment for children up to the age of 5 years.
- Ensure children receive high quality learning opportunities which build on children's interests, personalities, talents and abilities.
- Manage transitions between home and nursery and between stages within the nursery.
- Provide opportunities for parents, carers and the wider community to participate in the life of the centre.
- Provide opportunities for learning through play both indoors and outdoors, providing opportunities for children to apply skills in a range of circumstances.
- Children are encouraged to develop resilience through making decisions, problem solving and setting goals.
- Develop children’s awareness of diversity in the community and respect for each other’s values and customs.
- Ensure staff and other adults provide a good role model in their relationships with others.
- Self evaluate to enhance our performance